Anti Aging for Less
Nano technology, micro something something, unreadable ingredients from often unmentionable sources… just tell me truthfully…didn’t your mother look gorgeous at 35? Wrinkle-free, with blemish-less skin; what did she use? I expect multani mitti or besan-malai was more frequent on her face than the imported designer brands some of us are dying to have!
Here are some totally amazing over the kitchen counter products that can do wonders for your face, skin, wrinkles, budget as well as your confidence!
1. Pure Organic Coconut Oil: A light massage with this will especially benefit people with dry skin. It seals in moisture and prevents early wrinkling. Antioxidants fight free radicals which can cause permanent damage to connective tissues. Coconut oil has both direct and indirect antioxidant activities. Virgin Coconut Oil is especially useful in fighting free-radicals, as it is unrefined and so hasn't been stripped of any of its natural components.
2. Cabbage Juice: Cabbage contains phytonutrients (to fight free radicals) & vitamin E. To fasten up the facial muscles, massage your face with cabbage … simply rub cabbage juice gently over the skin. Let it dry, and use warm water to rinse it off.
3. Lemon Juice: Another simple tip; after you’ve used a lemon in lemonade / salad etc, just take the shell & rub the remaining pulp/ juice over your face. It’s not only a great cleanser & freshener, but also reduces signs of aging like wrinkles & fine lines.
4. Egg Whites: Did you know that egg white contains upto 69 types of proteins? Regularly applying frothy egg white to the face, and rinsing after about 20 minutes later will help smoothen out wrinkles and keep the elasticity intact.
5. Pineapple & Papaya: Both these fruits have an enzyme that stimulates collagen production, and slough off the top layer of dead skin cells to reveal softer, smoother firmer skin. Massaging these fruits’ pulp into the skin can even help reduce cellulite. Consuming these fruits also have a great effect on the skin because they are rich in antioxidants & essential vitamins. Rubbing the core of a pineapple around the eyes & leaving for about 15 minutes is really effective for fine lines & crow’s feet.
There are also several other things that you can use – from rose water, honey & turmeric to raw potatoes, milk, some essential oils etc; in fact a combination of 2 or more things may work for your skin too. Look into your kitchen – it’s a treasure trove of health & good looks stuff ☺.
Some more pointers: Try and avoid harsh chemicals in your cosmetics, do use sunscreen when exposed to harsh sun, avoid or eliminate smoking & drinking alcohol. Use scrubs or exfoliants regularly, but don’t overdo it – they’ll strip your skin of essential oils just as washing your face with hot water will! A regular facial improves circulation, reduces wrinkles, tones skin, and relaxes you for great skin!
While the above are simple ways to good skin, it’s also important to make sure you remain well hydrated, eat a balanced diet, sleep well, stress less and stay happy… eventually that’s where the inner glow will come from!